A Complete Guide to Caring for Your Bella Belle
Shoes Before & After
Your shoes have been made with the finest materials by skilled artisans from Bella Belle. Here are the ways to keep your shoes in tip-top condition.
- Store your shoes in their box. This will keep moisture away and preserve their shapes. Store them in a dry place away from direct sunlight such as your closet.
- Wear the shoes around the house before the event. If needing a bit of stretching, wear them with thick socks.
- If your shoes fit slightly big, you can fill the gap with insole insert and heel liner.
- Our shoes come with a layer of protective film on the outer sole. Be sure to remove the the liner before you wear them.
- If the embellishments of your shoes catch on delicate fabric of your dress (such as tulle or lace), you may want to try this trick. Apply a few coats of clear nail polish over the embellishments to prevent the prongs from catching onto delicate fabric.
- You may choose to treat your shoes with water and stain repellent before wearing. Ensure the product you choose is safe and gentle for silk materials. We also recommend bringing them to your local cobbler to have them professionally treated.
- If your event is outdoor, we recommend using Heel Stoppers to your heels from sinking into grass.
YOUR SHOES WILL LAST A LONG TIME WITH THE RIGHT CARE.
- Avoid wet, grassy, and rough pebbled areas. The silk and leather components that make up your shoes will thank you.
- In case your shoes get dirty, the first thing to do is to remove any loose dirt. Be careful not to rub any dirt into the material. For silk shoes, spot clean soiled areas using a soft toothbrush and water diluted in gentle soap detergent. Use a gentle circling motion to tackle stubborn marks.
- All our embellished shoes are hand-beaded. Periodically check for loose metal prongs to make sure they are holding the crystals intact. Press down or tighten the prongs around the crystals.
- Always store your shoes in a dry place away from direct sunlight. To preserve the shape of the shoes, use unbleached and dye-free paper stuffing to help them keep their shape for a long time.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device